Life is amazing when you are alive. What do I mean by that simple yet very complicated sentence? From my spiritual viewpoint, “being alive” means being present and not living a mechanical life, doing routine things, and looking back and realizing a whole day went by without you even remembering what you did. Living a mechanical life can mean a week, a month, a year and finally your whole life goes by without being present in it.
The good news is that there are actually ways to be awakened, so you not only will become present in every moment of your life, but also every moment of your life will be amazing and memorable. Most people, when they look back on their lives, would remember only those moments that they were emotionally connected to it, no matter whether it is good or bad.
Let’s travel in down your memory lane, and recall the most memorable moments of your life. Now that you are in these moments, you can see, hear, and be a part of the whole experience even though it happened decades ago.
In order for you to keep every experience of your daily life amazing, to be present in every moment with all your five senses, let’s go through each sense to be clear what I am talking about.
- See – try to see the whole environment, not just the one thing you are working on. The bigger the view you get, the better it will make you feel, just like watching the whole city from the top of a high hill.
- Hear – try to hear everything around you as much as you can.
- Touch – pay attention to what you touch, how it makes you feel emotionally and physically.
- Smell – try to experience every single smell you possibly can.
- Taste – try to get connected with the taste in your mouth. If there is nothing in your mouth, taste the air
The most important part of this exercise is to make sure your mind is clear of any thought for as long as possible. Try it at least one time and let me know how it made you feel in a reply below.
Have an amazing life!